Let's Play Dark Souls 2 – Part 9 – Cale the Cartographer [BLIND]

Exploring the fort and surroundings continue (in the Forest of Fallen Giants). I meet Cale, who seems a bit lost, in more ways than one, but he seems nice.

Let’s Play Dark Souls II: My first playthrough and totally BLIND. I haven’t played the game before and know nothing about the game as I start. And I don’t want to know, so don’t post spoilers in the comments about things to come, thank you!

Watch this and all other episodes via the ‘Let’s Play Dark Souls 2 [BLIND]’ playlist:

Click ‘Like’ if you like this video. Helps me make more!
And tell me what you think in the comments below.

========

Let’s Play Dark Souls 2 [BLIND]

Dark Souls 2 gameplay: Dark Souls blind playthrough with live commentary.

Playlist:

Played on XBox 360.
Recorded via PC and a capture card.

========

Want to support me? Check out how:

========

Gameplay and commentary by Zemalf
“Occasionally thoughtful, slow-paced let’s play videos”

CHANNEL:
BLOG:
FAQ:
LIVESTREAM:
FACEBOOK:
TWITTER:
FORUM:
GOOGLE+:

========

Dark Souls 2 is an action role-playing game developed by From Software and published by Namco Bandai Games. The game is available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (March 2014), and for PC (April 2014).

========

If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more then please subscribe!

Visit my channel for more videos:
Subscribe to receive my new videos in your feed:

23 thoughts on “Let's Play Dark Souls 2 – Part 9 – Cale the Cartographer [BLIND]”

1. Not true Zemalf, there are several areas in the game where the only way out is teleporting back to the bonfire or dying.

2. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  You know that annoying firebomb guy on the wall…he's really not all that bad…keeping secrets can be soooooo hard!

3. 4:34 "Be wary of boulder, then try left." is read by Zemalf as "…Then try right." Anyone else get Grimrock flashbacks when the scroll told him to "go left twice," which (for whatever reason) he kept reading as "twice right?"

4. I love watching your play Dark Souls 2!. I know you are doing a blind play, but I have some tips that wont spoil you. 1. Well in Majula. 2.Many of the barrels you see are filled with gunpowder though that is not easy to see. if you or the enemy throw bombs at them they can explode. This can be used to kill hard enemies or make shortcuts. 3. Weapon durability is much different than in DS1. Its a good idea to have backup weapon in another slot in case your main weapon almost breaks during a fight. If you hit walls you can see your weapon durability fall fast.

5. Ah, watching a new player walk right past a message showing how to unlock a shortcut to bonfire not once, but three times. Such is dark souls. Enjoying the videos.

6. no, I'm pretty certain that you cannot get back to that shiny now that the gate is closed and yes I'm afraid that Pate was sitting there the whole time

7. You've got the memory of a fish and the perception of a mole rat in this game Zemalf  🙂

I still love your vids!! – stay sharp 😉